Taggled Limited ("Taggled" "we," or "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Service and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By accessing and using Taggled's website (the “Website”), products, services and player (whether on the Website or elsewhere) (together, the "Products") you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Taggled Limited (company number NI611337, with registered office at Unit 5, NISP, Belfast, BT3 9DT, and UK data controller registration ZA008051.
What information do we collect?We collect information in two ways:
(i) When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.When you sign up for or use our Products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, tags, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook account to Taggled, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
(ii) We gather technical information when you use our Products.These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there's certain information that almost always gets created and recorded in an automated way. The same is true when you use our Products, and here are some of the types of information we collect in this way.
In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using Taggled on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you're using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?We use the information we collect to provide our Products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Taggled and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better. We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content -- including helping you discover tags or videos you might like or provide you with tailored advertising. For example, if you have indicated that you're interested in a particular brand, we may suggest that brand's-related tags, videos, or people. We also use the information we collect to:
- send you updates (such as when certain activity, for example likes or comments, happen on Taggled), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include tags you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non-personally identifiable" (meaning it can't be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Taggled does business, including in countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Taggled account,
many of the choices you have on Taggled are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For
example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time;
- Link or unlink your Taggled account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on Taggled to that service.
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Taggled. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage; or
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Taggled or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European
Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for
one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We
will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually
inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to
disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such
processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.